|Class Teacher Monet||Mrs Hartley|
|Class Teacher Picasso||Miss Rosenblatt|
|Mrs Edser (1:1 support)|
|Mrs Culverhouse (1:1 support)|
We now have PE with the coach on a Wednesday. Please ensure that your child always has the correct PE kit in school for these days, including a pair of plimsolls.
As the weather (hopefully!) warms up, it is important that your child is hydrated throughout the day. Please provide them with a bottle of water with their name on to keep in the classroom.
Homework: We have been sending home spellings for a while now. Please support your child by helping them while they practice writing their words.
In addition, please help your child at home by reading every evening. Book change day is still on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please make notes in their Reading Record and let us know how they are getting on, reading with you at home, and please ensure that they have their book bag with them in school every day. Reading prizes are given out after a child has read at home 10 times. We will be giving you your child’s Lexia reading log in soon so that they can use this great reading programme at home too.
The following websites are also great for practising skills:
- Busythings. There’s an app available if you have an iPhone or iPad.
- CBeebies. Great for General knowledge and improving their computer skills
Topmarks. Fab for Maths games including counting and number recognition
This half term our topics are:
- Literacy – We are looking at African stories, as well as trying to write our own.
- Numeracy- We are looking at numbers to 100, number bonds to 10, (2+8=10, 3+7=10, etc.) doubling and halving numbers up to 20, and counting in 2s, 5s and 10s and basic fractions ( ½ and ¼ ).
- Science- We are introducing a new topic this term – Plants and how they grow. We are continuing to look at the changing Seasons
Humanities-This term we will be looking at the United Kingdom, its 4 different countries and major cities.
- Assemblies! – It’s almost time! Picasso and Monet class will be performing in front of the school and hopefully lots of you too! We will give you the dates when they are finalised, so watch this space!
- Spring/Summer Walk – To tie in with our topic of the seasons, we will be taking the children on a walk in the woods to notice the change that the seasons have on the trees, flowers and plants that we see. We will let you know the date and send out a permission form shortly.
- Horniman Museum – Year 1 will once again be going on a trip to the Horniman Museum near Crystal Palace. We will be travelling by tram bus and enjoying a fun filled day out at this wonderful museum. Again, we will give you the dates when they are finalised.
Please make sure that your child is at their entrance to the school by 8.40am.
Rowdown Facebook - We have many Facebook members already – please send a request to join: www.facebook.com/groups/rowdownprimaryschool