Fairchildes Academy Community Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered number: 08934482). Registered office: Fairchildes Avenue, New Addington, Croydon, CR0 0AH
Overall responsibility for the Trust lies with the appointed directors who form the Trust Strategic Board. Their key responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Trust
- Ensuring financial sustainability and best value
- School leadership appointments
Responsibilities concerning the performance of the academies in the Trust are delegated to one Academy Committee to form inter-school governance. Their key responsibilities include:
- Teaching and Learning
- School standards and Progress
- Premises, H&S
- Senior staff appointments
- Developing governance “best practice”
The Trust has an appointed Executive Head Teacher. Responsibilities include:
- Fulfilling DfE requirements to ensure efficient, compliant management of the Trust
- Implementing strategies to ensure the highest possible educational standards in all the Trust’s schools
- Facilitating school to school consistency whilst encouraging individual identity
The Executive Head Teacher works closely with the Heads of School and the Senior Leadership team in each school.
Aims and Vision
Whilst retaining their individuality, across the Trust our schools each aim to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which children can gain the skills and knowledge necessary for them to become effective and independent life-long learners. We want the children to develop as confident, open-minded, questioning and resilient young people.
Whilst currently having three schools in the Trust our aim is to increase this number in the future and to be joined by other schools who share our ethos and who, ultimately, will further develop the partnership working and capacity of the Trust.