- Chairs: Gina Burgess and Sarah Headcock
- Teacher: Mark Gyford
What we do
Our aim is to fundraise for Fairchildes through exciting and fun opportunities for our pupils. Fundraising activities include:
- Mufty days
- Summer Fetes
- Easter Egg Raffles
- Mother's Day, Father's Day and Christmas Wraps
How you can help
Our PTA functions give you opportunities to meet other parents, building rapport and discussing ideas to help improve your child’s time within the school. You can share ideas and experiences.
Watch Yourself Grow! By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a good cause and for the benefit of your child.
Speak Up! PTA can be a way for you to help decide how PTA funds are spent and to share ideas with other parents with similar views.
Be a Role Model! By becoming a PTA member you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
We can’t raise funds and do this without parents being actively involved in the PTA. Any time that you can help is precious to us, whether great or small.
Do you shop on-line?
Would you like Fairchildes to benefit financially?
Why? I hear you ask! Well, as part of the PTA we are asking all parents, carers, helpers and staff who shop online to join thegivingmachine You need to register your details and you can shop at all main retailers. Personal details remain private and are not shared with any third parties. Remember to log into your Giving Machine account each time you shop online. By doing this the school receives a percentage of your total spend and it won’t cost you a penny!!!
So how does it work?
- Online shops in the UK are currently paying out around £3Bn a year in commissions. Our aim is to redirect that money to Fairchildes Primary.
- TheGivingMachine™ has over a hundred of the UK 's leading online retailers registered to the scheme who donate a percentage of the total purchase to UK charities and schools registered with the site.
- Every Giver that registers with TheGivingMachine™ creates an account that includes the UK charities and schools they wish to donate to.
- The site enables online shoppers to click through to their favourite retailers. Every purchase they make triggers an automatic donation (around 3-5% of the total bill) paid to those good causes they have selected.
- Each month, donations raised for your school via TheGivingMachine™ are aggregated and paid
- All it requires from you is the time to comkplete the online registration form and promote the scheme to your community via your regular communications channels and events. The more shoppers you encourage to join, the more donations school receives.