After School Club
- Our After School Club is open to any children attending Fairchildes Primary School.
- The Club is open from 3:15 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
- The club meet in the Surrey Hall. Younger children are collected from their classroom by After School Club staff. At the end of the day parents pick up their child/children from the main entrance.
- A register is taken on arrival. The children are given a light, snack, consisting of a drink of water or juice and a variety of snacks, the choice of which will be decided each week (e.g. sandwiches, rolls, pizza, beans on toast, crackers or fruit)
- The children take part in a variety of activities including; painting, drawing, board games, construction toys, listening to music, craft and cooking. There is also a quiet area for children to do homework if they wish and to read a selection of books.
- The children are also able to relax and watch television or videos.
- There is a fenced-off outside play area where children can run around or play on large outside toys.
Our staff are fully qualified and professional play workers. They also have experience in First Aid, child protection, health and safety and food hygiene.
- £8.00 3:15 - 6:00- p.m. £40.00 per week
- £6.00 3:15 - 5:00 p.m. £30.00 per week
- Late fines: £5.00 for every 15 mins
- Payments must be made on the first day of each week. Payments can be made on Parent Pay. Failure to pay will result in the withdrawal of a place at the Club
- There is no discount for early departure from the Club.
- There will be no refunds if a session is missed through illness, holidays or family problems.
- If you wish to collect your child before 6:00 p.m., please inform a member of the Club staff, who will meet you at the main entrance at the appropriate time. You will be asked to sign out your child on collection from the Club.
- If you wish someone else to collect your child at anytime, you must inform us in advance by telephoning 01689 842268 Extension 4. Please note that children will not be released into the care of an unknown adult. Each child being collected by a person other than its parent will have a password. This password must be given to staff on admission.
Our staff will make every effort to keep you child safe. However, accidents may occur from time to time. If your child is injured, an accident report will be completed and shown to you. You will be asked to sign this report to show that you are aware of the injury. If your child needs medical attention, you will be contacted immediately. If you child requires hospital treatment and you are unable to attend quickly, then any decision about medical care will be taken by medical staff.
If your child becomes unwell during the course of the session you will be contacted. Please make sure that you keep staff updated on any changes to your contact telephone numbers.
Children are expected to follow the behaviour rules of the Club. Any child who fails to do so risks exclusion from the Club.
The Club has policies on admission, behaviour, partnership with parents, child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety and complaints. Parents/Carers are very welcome to see these policies on request.
If you are working 16 hours or more, you could get up to 70% off your child's fees. This could help you if you are a working parent and claiming.
- These can be accommodated by arrangment. You can use the Club if you have an appointment, or just need extra time to yourself.
- You need to register at the Club by completing the relevant forms and then give 24 hour notice of the date you want and make payment in advance.
- Come and talk to June or Lorraine in the Surrey Hall any evening or telephone 01689 842268.