Fairchildes Primary Parents' Survey
At the end of February 2017 we asked our parents to complete a survey about Fairchildes. The surveys were distributed during our Progress Day.
78 surveys were returned.
What do you think of the general education offered at Fairchildes Primary School?
How well do you think the school is led and managed?
How good do you think the teaching is at Fairchildes?
What do you think of the level of behaviour in general?
What do you think of the support provided for the children, and also parents, through our Learning Mentors and SPIL?
Not sure =2
What do you think of the school's provision for Gifted and Talented pupils?
Not sure =20
What do you think of the school's provision for children needing any additional support?
Not sure =6
What do you think of the security measures taken around and within school?
How much do you know about the governing body?
I know its purpose and how to contact the governors=39
I don’t know what they do=34
Would you like to know more about the work of the governing body?
How do you find the extra-curricular opportunities offered by the school- both in school time and through after school clubs?
What do you think of the school's provision in terms of Extended School services; e.g. Breakfast Club, After School Club, parent support, parent workshops/courses?
Not sure =4
What do you think of the quality of food provided for your child(ren) through Breakfast Club and school dinners?
Not sure= 2
How helpful have you found our Children's Centre and the activities/support provided?
Not Applicable =24
Unanswered = 1
How good is school at dealing with your worries and concerns?
How good is school generally at communicating with you?
What do you think of the general level of information given to you at parents evenings/school reports about your child(ren)'s targets and progress?
What do you think of the opportunities you have to come into school to attend various functions and activities your child(ren) are taking part in?
Unanswered = 3
What do you think of the events and functions organised by our PTFA?
Unanswered = 6
We also asked parents to make comments if they wished. Here are some responses:
- We are very pleased with the learning and support the school offers to our children and us.
- We would like to be given advanced notice of the costumes needed for class assemblies.
- Having recently found the need to work with the mentoring and counselling services, I am very impressed and feel better supported.
- More reminder texts would be appreciated, as well as back to school texts.
- Could parents be made more aware of extracurricular activities and opportunities for children in each year group?
- Could you change the coach company you use for trips as they are terrible?
- More support and understanding for parents who work 9-5pm. Some of the meetings are not late enough for us to attend.
- Very happy with all facilities/activities provided by Fairchildes, not just the teaching.
- School provides a very supportive environment to make sure that the children are confident in their class.
Many thanks to those of you who returned the questionnaire. We will do our best to address all of the issues noted.