PE and Sports Funding
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- supporting and involving the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- providing resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- running or participating in sport competitions to increase pupils’ participation
- running sports activities with other schools
- providing specialist sports coaches to increase the breadth of sport provision
As a school we have been allocated £9,000 for the academic year 2015-16.
To ensure all classes receive quality sports coaching this year we have spent the majority of this money contributing to the cost of a sports coach providing PE lessons in every year group as well as 3 after school clubs one early morning club and participation in competitive events such as Croydon Athletics, Football and Basketball leagues and hockey and gymnastic tournaments.
Other money has been spent on improving our range and quality of PE equipment. The coach also provides training for staff that covers both PE lessons for teachers and also ideas for playground activities for lunchtime supervisors.
|Support||Area of school to target/benefit||Outcome||Cost per unit||Total|
|Specialist sports coaching||Yrs R-6||
High quality lessons being taught in all curriculum areas as well as after school
Teams competing successfully in local competitions
6 hrs 3x per week
|Equipment (non-consumable) for PE lessons||Yrs R-6||
All pupils have access to size/age appropriate PE equipment for sport: rackets, sticks, skipping ropes.
New landing mats
|Total annual cost||£9000|